Thursday, December 6, 2012

Just thinkin'

Have you heard of this book? The Cost if Community, by Jamie Arpin-Ricci.

I'm intrigued, and may pick it up, because I'm interested in focusing quite a lot on the Sermon on the Mount in the coming year. This past year the focus was on the Gospel of Mark, and that will continue, but I also just read and was greatly helped by Stanley Hauerwas's Commentary on Matthew. I highly recommend that one.

Well, I mention the SotM, but I really mean specifically the Beatitudes with which Jesus began this sermon. I want to focus on them for a while. I'm kind of intrigued, since last evening, about how the fruit of the Spirit relate to these "blessed are" statements. So I'm going to focus on those things too. 

I've got a little more time for posting these days, but I don't know how long that will last. Clearly this blogging thing has taken a somewhat lower priority for me than it once did. We'll just have to wait and see . . . 

No comments: