Saturday, August 9, 2014

20 things you might want to think about doing today

I've been saying it for some time now. I'm going to start blogging more frequently. Sure I am!

But yeah, I'm still saying it, and maybe I'll start doing it. And you know, I think the nature of the blog, the content, is going to take a drastic turn. It's going to be much less the pontificating Christian blog. The content is going to broaden, the posts will likely be brief shares on a variety of themes.

Bottom line, I want it to be a place that collects and investigates material on a few key themes that interest me greatly. Local and regional American history, geography, music, poetry, and yes, still, some occasional faith stuff.

I'll string together a series of posts in the next week or two that will kind of introduce these themes. For now here's a list of of twenty suggestions in answer to the question, what should I do today?
  1. Get some walking in.
  2. Pray.
  3. Generally make yourself useful.
  4. Learn something.
  5. Plan a project.
  6. Don't avoid difficulties.
  7. Take care of your body.
  8. Pet a dog.
  9. Listen to some jazz music maybe.
  10. Don't be mean.
  11. Don't mope.
  12. Watch out for bitterness and resentment.
  13. Nourish joy.
  14. Have a conversation.
  15. Consider the possibility that you might be wrong about something.
  16. Take another walk.
  17. Sing.
  18. Call Mom.
  19. Always be taking note of the birds.
  20. Keep praying.






No comments: