Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Blogging Notion

I've got a feeling I'm going to be blogging again. Brief posts concerning things I like, am interested in, or find fascinating. Not much complaining or ranting here. If you were to ask me just why I'm blogging at all, I wouldn't be able to answer. Not sure. Not in the least bit sure.

And yet . . . here I am. My posts will likely point to things on the Web that interest me. That would be, among other things, American history, books, music (perhaps especially traditional and non-traditional Americana), the Christian faith, and the regional history of Northeastern Pennsylvania, where I grew up. Maps and map history are also a particular interest.

Not much about politics or popular culture. The former is tedious and the latter is uninteresting. I'll try to post a few times a week. We'll see where this goes . . . I'm clearly not starting this out with an intense sense of mission or a powerful determination. It's only a notion. I have no idea why anyone would be interested, but maybe this thing will get rolling, with time, and attain some measure of focus and purpose.

We'll see.

No comments: