Monday, July 22, 2019

Day 10: Progress Report

I'm fairly happy with my blogging experiment thus far. 10 days and counting! The idea is to post something every day for thirty days, and the intention is simply to establish the habit of blogging. The first requirement is to find the niche in my day to do it, which usually means early morning.

The posts will vary in content but at least some of them will be attempts to put thoughts together into some sort of coherent whole. Rather than thoughts flitting through my brain and soon forgotten, I mean to grab one now and then and pin it down in words, because I think that's a healthy enterprise. It kind of like the difference between long-form reading (novels, histories, etc.) and reading only Tweets.

Anyway, 10 days in and I think I'm seeing some positive effects. So far, so good.

* * *

I shared yesterday's poem on Facebook and that certainly impacted my page-view count. My intention at the start of this little experiment was to tell no one about it, not until the 30 days were past. I made an exception with the poem though, because I really wanted to get a few important reactions. But for now I'm back to blogging in intentional obscurity!

Still, that doesn't mean I don't value readers. If you're seeing this, do leave a comment to let me know you're there.

No comments: