Saturday, December 14, 2019

Reading in 2020

It's mid-December already and I'm thinking about a 2020 reading plan. I'm going to track my reading closely (using Goodreads.com) and try to read as much as I can. But with a plan, or at least some guideposts in place. And I mean by that a plan beyond reading the books that are lying around the house unread or the books found randomly in a little-free library (there are several in my neighborhood).

So a few categories that I want to keep in mind in the coming year:
  •  Re-read at least one literary classic (pre-1900)
  •  Read at least one book of Biblical theology
  •  Read at least one classic of Greek philosophy
  •  Read Augustine
  •  Read at least one book of political philosophy
  •  Read at least one book on economics
Along with all this will no doubt be interspersed the usual random stuff: Westerns, sports history, etc. But in general, I want there to be a perceivable focus and direction to my reading, so that it is not really random but instead a well-considered way. I plan to be talking about these things much here at Stranger Here.


No comments: