Sunday, April 30, 2023

Journaling the Word

The last couple of posts have been interactions with Donald Sweeting's article, Finishing Well, published some years back by the National Association of Evangelicals. I'll continue that interaction with at least 5 more posts, but for the moment I want to talk a little about journaling.

This blog is a sort of public journal, but private journaling is far more important. I've been journaling on-and-off for most of my life, and the very act of tapping a keyboard (or scraping a pen across an empty page) is a very comfortable feeling for me. And it seems helpful.

So this morning I started journaling through the Gospel of Mark. I guess this is one way that I'm going to try to center my days on Jesus (see my last post). Since we meet Jesus most directly through the four Gospels, to the Gospels I will go.

And speaking of journaling the Scriptures, here a good overview of the subject from Bible Gateway.

No comments: