Monday, September 26, 2016

3 thoughts


  1. I will be gladdened if Clinton loses the coming election . . . and I will be appalled if Trump wins. Similarly, I will be overjoyed if Trump loses . . . but disheartened by a Clinton victory. This is the dilemma of the NeverTrumper.
  2. Both sides are predicting utter doom if the other side wins. I tend to discount such predictions. I've heard a lot of doomsaying in my time, and so far they've been considerably overstated.
  3. The public library is my happy place. I go there at least once a week. Browsing the shelves is a learned skill. You pretty much have to ignore the gushing praise on the back covers. As my mom taught me when I was a boy, the best way to know if you're going to like a book is to read the first paragraph. I still find that to be a pretty trustworthy method, right maybe 9 out of 10 times. 


No comments: