Saturday, October 22, 2016

A Reading List


  • I didn't know about Aaron Armstrong's Reading Writers podcast until this morning. I like reading, of course, but I also like listening to people talk about reading. This is my tribe.
  • Armstrong talks about reading challenges. I guess my reading of Cowboy Lit is a personal reading challenge. I wanted to familiarize myself with the field. I researched the award winning books and authors and decided to read enough to get a real strong sense of the field. I've read about 30 books since I started back in June, almost all of them thoroughly enjoyable.
  • Staying with the theme, here's an article about why it's important to retain the stacks at university libraries. I couldn't agree more.
  • Speaking of podcasts, there's Scot McKnight's Kingdom Roots. Scot talks with the interesting David Fitch in this episode. His new book, Faithful Presence, looks like one I should read.  I haven't listened yet, but I intend to real soon. 

No comments: